This originally was in an issue of Cook’s Country. It reheats well, but we rarely have leftovers.
- 1 10 in. flour tortilla
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skin discarded, meat shredded into bite sized pieces (about three cups)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 minced jalapeno, seeds discarded
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour Cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Grease 9-inch pie plate. Press tortilla into prepared pie plate and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Toss chicken, cilantro, jalapeños, 1 cup cheese, ½ tsp. salt, and ½ tsp. pepper in large bowl until combined. Spread filling over tortilla.
- Whisk eggs, milk, flour, baking powder, and ½ tsp. salt in bowl until smooth.
- Pour over filling, then sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake until surface is golden brown, about 20 minutes. (I’ve thought this finishes in 18-19 minutes sometimes.)
- Let cool 5 minutes. (I rarely do.) Cut into wedges and serve with sour cream and salsa.