This is modified from Cook’s Illustrated. Makes enough for 2 pounds of chicken. We often keep a marinated bag in the freezer for easy dinners.
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh herbs, such as tarragon, chives, basil, or parsley
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 med. garlic cloves, minced or pressed through garlic press (about 1 Tbsp.)
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- Whisk together ingredients in medium bowl.
- Place marinade and chicken in gallon-sized zipper-lock bag; press out as much air as possible and seal bag.
- Marinade overnight or at least 4 hours. Flip bag halfway through to ensure that chicken marinates evenly.