I love calling people “Dillweed”. I may have originally found this recipe in a Gourmet magazine. It appears lots of people have posted it online. Some say it goes well with salmon, but we prefer the Simple Salmon recipe from the Weber Big Book of Grilling, which doesn’t go with dill. If you take your lunch in to work like me, this is good for lunch, but don’t mix in the feta for that portion until the next day. Especially if you’re going to microwave it, because feta doesn’t microwave well.INGREDIENTS:
- 3 tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped dill (we use dried dillweed)
- 1 tsp. grated lemon zest (hardly ever add this)
- 1 cup orzo
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled feta (6 oz)
- Toss together oil, tomatoes, dillweed, zest, and 1/2 tsp. each of salt and pepper in a large serving bowl. Let stand at least ten minutes.
- Cook orzo according to directions.
- Drain orzo and toss with tomato mixture. Add feta and toss again.