Perfect pancakes (adapted from Allrecipes.com).
- 1 1/2 cups flour (all-purpose or for really fluffy pancakes, use bread flour)
- 3 1/3 tsps. baking powder
- 1 tspn Salt.
- 1 1/2 Tbsp white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 old banana
- blueberries, raspberries, strawberries
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Pour in the milk, egg and melted butter; mix until mostly smooth, but still a little lumpy. Add the banana and mix until just a little lumpy again.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Add in blue berries, raspberries or sliced strawberries immediately after pouring the batter. Brown on both sides and serve hot.