2 lbs. large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined (must be deveined, seriously)
12 oz angel hair pasta, cooked (with some cooking water reserved)
1/2 c. fresh lemon juice
1/3 c. unsalted butter (do not substitute)
1/4 c. fresh parsley, stems removed, chopped
2 gr. onions, chopped
2 T. fresh minced garlic
1 T. grated lemon peel
1/2 t. crushed red pepper flakes
parmesan cheese, grated
salt and black pepper, to taste
1. Melt butter in a large, non-reactive skillet over medium heat
2. Add green onions, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice and chili flakes. Cook for approx. two minutes, stirring constantly.
3. Reduce the heat to medium and add the shrimp; stir for approx. 5 min. or until the shrimp turns pink
4. Season with salt and black pepper; stir in parsley.
5. Toss with cooked angel hair pasta. If necessary, loosen the sauce with a small amount of reserved pasta water.
6. Top with parmesan cheese. Serve immediately