- 3 lbs. red potatoes, scrubbed and cut into small-ish pieces. Maybe two-square-inch pieces?
- 1 (8-ounce) block cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- black pepper to taste
- 1/4 c. chopped pickled jalapeno peppers
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
Place potatoes in a medium saucepan and cover with water. Add salt and bring to a boil. Simmer until soft, about 10-15 minutes. Drain. Let cool so that they are still warm, but not hot when adding to potato salad.
In a large bowl, stir together cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic powder, and pepper.
Stir potatoes into cream cheese mixture along with pickled jalapenos, green onions, shredded cheese, and crumbled bacon.
Check for seasoning and add salt if desired.
Serve warm or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
As modified from Spicy Southern Kitchen on September 23, 2018.